You’re here because you need help assembling your Xi Machine and blending your first Blix Cup. We’re here to help you with that.
Here’s everything you need to know, including two videos visually breaking the process down for you and tips on mastering the perfect blend. 🎥
Want more answers? Check out our main FAQ page as well.
How To Assemble Your Xi Machine
- Step 1: Unbox your starter pack. You’ll see two boxes. Open your Blix Cup box and put the cups in your freezer immediately.
- Step 2: Open the Xi Machine box. Remove the base and door. Then, remove the cup holder which is located inside the door.
- Step 3: Remove the metal clamp from the silver shaft by pulling to release it and then discard it.
- Step 4: Align the three grooves on the door and three knobs on the base together. This will connect the two parts perfectly.
- Step 5: Rotate the door counterclockwise until it locks in place.
- Step 6: Plug in the machine. Slide the power button on, located at the back. The silver shaft will lower down.
- Step 7: Place the cup holder in the center of the machine at an angle, with the indented side facing up and the white, ribbed side facing down.
- Step 8: If the cup holder does not fit snugly with the machine base, try to align the cupholder by twisting the white ribbed wheel underneath until the two arrows align.
- Step 9: Now, you're ready to blend your cup!
Need more? Revisit this process via our virtual welcome booklet.
How To Blend Your Blix Cup
- Step 1: Tear or peel off the orange tab. This needs to be removed completely. Then, open the flap.
- Step 2: Fill the cup with liquid through the flap opening (no need to remove the lid completely) to just above the fill line, located on the outside label.
- Step 3: Close the flap tightly. This is crucial in preventing any leaking issues.
- Step 4: With the flap of the lid facing you, place the cup upside down in the machine by aligning the front of the cup with the correct recess. No need to twist or lock the lid in place.
- Step 5: Close the machine door fully until it clicks.
- Step 6: If the button is red, the door isn’t installed correctly or the cup isn't positioned correctly. Try removing & reinstalling the cup holder or door and turning on/off the machine. Refer to the troubleshooting section in the user manual for more.
- Step 7: Once the button is solid purple, push the start button. Heads up: the blending process can be loud, may start and stop, and runs between 1-3 minutes.
- Step 8: Once the blend is complete, the button will turn green.
- Step 9: Open the door and take the cup out.
- Step 10: Place an eco-friendly straw through the flap opening and enjoy!
- Step 11: Don't forget to recycle both the cup and lid.
Here are our top pro-tips you need to know about mastering the perfect blend.
Remove Orange Tab Completely
If the orange tab isn’t removed fully and the lid/flap are not secured tightly, the cup can’t properly engage with your Xi Machine and you may have trouble blending your Blix Cup or it may cause leakage. Remove the tab by tearing it off with your fingers. Heads up: this might take a few tries!
Fill to Just Above the Fill Line
For a thicker smoothie, fill to the line. For a thinner consistency, fill above the line. For a rebellious country moment, walk the line.
Liquid Error? Turn Xi Machine Off/On
There are a few reasons you could get a liquid error, even if you filled your Blix Cup with liquid:
- The Xi Machine is not flat, check to see if the cord is not under the machine causing it to tilt or that the machine is on a flat surface.
- The Xi Machine didn’t fully calibrate before adding your Blix Cup, this can happen if you put the Blix Cup in the machine prior to turning the machine on or if your hand was on top of the machine while it was turning on.
Here’s the quick fix: remove the cup and turn off/on the Xi Machine again.
Smoothie Not Blending Fully? Here's what to do.
Break Ingredients Up
Be sure that the ingredients are not frozen in a ball or stuck to the bottom of the cup. To release the ingredients, give the cup the ol’ squeeze and shake. Classic move.
Use Room Temperature Liquid
Use any liquid of choice. Coconut water, juice, non-dairy milk, etc. This is a free country after all. For best results, use room temperature liquids for all blends.
Thaw Your Cup
If your cup is too frozen, let it thaw for a few minutes on your counter before blending.
Email us at email@example.com for more or if you'd like to share any feedback. We'd love to hear from you!
Make Real Food a Habit
To get more cups, log into your account at myblix.com/dashboard to get chef-curated recipes delivered to your door weekly.